Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

WAAAGH! New Orc and Goblin army.

So 2012 is well underway! It must be time for a fresh start and a hobby reinvigoration. As such, I am here with a brand new Orc and Goblin project for Fantasy. I was an Orc and Goblin player many years ago with a world of random movement mayhem at campaign weekends and the like, fielding maxed hoppers, fanatics, and wagons. All in all the most entertaining and varied army to collect, paint, play.

Inspired by the new savage orc kits I have been driven to a jungle/Stone Age-esque theme. I love the rustic Stone Age flint weapons, bone and tooth decorations, leathers, fur trimming etc. It’s Stone Age meets jungle, meets voodoo, meets greenskins; you can’t go wrong!

IN DA JUNGLE IN DA JUNGLE IN DA JUNGLE  INA IN DA JUNGLE 
WAAAGH!


So, my over all idea for the army is a grand Waaagh that has rampaged south to Lustria. Now the ragtag bunch of veterans, still led by their determined Warboss, they survive on in the jungle bolstering their numbers by incorporating smaller native savage tribes. This background fits perfectly, I think, for a variety of units as well as inspiring a world of conversions and kit bashing.

To start the project I already had the following;

• 40-50 assorted Orc and Ork boyz, though most without arms or weapons.
• Orc boar boy riders (most weapons used for other conversions).
• 2 Orc Boar chariots converted with new boars (intended for a beastmen army).
• Assorted bits box components.
• Lastly from my local game store (with limited fantasy stock) I bought an Orc Boyz box and a Savage Orc Boar Boyz box.

No comments:

Post a Comment