Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bloodletters of Khorne, ready to let blood. (ie, get Ebayed)

***Update: On ebay now ***

This Bloodletter unit has been sat in my painting room for a long time now. In fact my first post regarding them was back in August 2010. You can see the construction and conversion work involved in this post.

Now, many washes and glazes later, they are finished.
(Note: I have not been painting them for the entire 8 months)

Paint Scheme

Obviously red. I went for a subtler 'fleshy' red tone for the bulk of the model which was steadily glazed with strong red pigments over a rather orange/pink base color (Sorry to say my WIP pics have been lost for these stages as with everything on my 'previously' hard drive). The duller skin tone allows for contrast with the tones used for the crest and bright red in the markings.


                                                            As a strong contrast for the overall model I went for pure black horns and claws, these have been gloss varnished for a look of other worldly obsidian.

The Hellblades have been through a number or stages; from initial the metallics, rusting with powder, to retouching and washes. I made use of shading at the hilt of the blade to keep the hilt and blade distinctive from each other. For those curious this is with the Foundry Paint set including metallics.

After this the care full work on; teeth, eyes, tongues, and a that bloody standard completed the task. Hope folks like them.

Rank 1

Rank 2

Rank 3
Note: Plastercard strips are used to cover any joins for the modular movement tray.
Note: The additional (Handle) edging on the rear help perfectly with movement.


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Work in Progress - Selection of current Projects

With lots on the go and not enough blogs posts I thought I would try and post a work in progress report and thrown up some quick pictures of stuff I have in the pipeline at the mo. Bear in mind these quick snapshots may not shown the full detail or colours of anything shown.

Bloodletters! You can find the conversion/construction/ranking post for these in the archive. After a long time I get round to finishing up the paint job. These should be up on ebay soon with plenty more pics.


Trolls, fantastic models and great fun to paint. This is the primary greens practically finished, thanks to the Foundry paint set for the Bottle Green and Phlegm Green tones.


Straying from the fantasy, this is a weathering trial for my first Khador Warjack. Layers of MIG rust and washes for the effect so far.

Even further from fantasy, this is the customized Prussian Battleship for my Dystopian Wars fleet.

Lastly quite a large terrain table project just got underway today with a mass of Ice/Snow/Tundra scatter pieces. Foam is great fun to carve!! The scale and size of these may be hard to gauge, Mazzy is a small cat if that helps on the bottom pic.

White lion riders - completed - part TWO

Yup, more on the White Lion Riders. The standard has since been painting and bases grassed, so looking better. Will have shots up soon for the completed army!

Magnetized lances and standard come highly recommended, it avoids strain on the model and breakage during transport and can even be reposed to make room for charges on the table.